Gurpreet (Gary) Lidhar, CPA, CA
Principal, G. Lidhar CPA Inc. Chartered Professional Accountant.
After completing business degree from the Okanagan College in 2007, Gary started articling with a national accounting firm in Kelowna and obtained the Chartered Accountant designation in April 2010. To further his tax knowledge, in 2012 Gary moved over to work in the tax department of another national accounting firm in Kelowna and started the CICA Tax In-Depth Course.
With over 10 years of public practice experience, Gary formed his own accounting firm in January 2018. Gary is vastly experienced in providing tax and accounting services to a wide spectrum of small to medium size businesses in various industries ranging from professionals, manufacturing, construction, restaurant, retail, automotive to farming.
Gary is very passionate about providing his clients with a professional and personable service at a reasonable price. Gary understands and appreciates the value of time and strives to be easily accessible to his clients at all times (including weekends and evenings).
- 2007 - Bachelor of Business Administration, Okanagan College
- 2010 - Chartered Accountant designation, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- 2015 – In-Depth Tax Course, Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
Personal tax preparation and planning
- Have you been maximizing all available personal tax deductions and credits? Nothing bothers Gary more than seeing missed deductions on personal tax returns. Over the years Gary has helped many of his new clients get tax refunds for missed deductions and credits on their prior returns.
- Are you running your business as a sole-proprietorship or partnership? Are you aware of the potential benefits of using a corporation for your business?
Preparation of financial statements
Preparation of your business’s financial statements in accordance with the professional standards and keeping the needs of their users in mind.
Assistance with some of your managerial tasks such as loan renewals and negotiations with your bank, cash flow projections, business plan preparation etc. so that you can have more time to focus on the development and growth of your business.
CRA audits and appeals
Gary has extensive experience in dealing with various tax audits and appeals. Let him use his knowledge and experience to assist you with any income tax, GST and PST audits or appeals.
GST, PST, payroll and bookkeeping
Our office also provides payroll and bookkeeping services on very competitive rates.
Corporate tax preparation and planning
Let’s look beyond the routine preparation and filing of your corporate tax return:
- Whether to take dividends or salary? What’s your optimal owner-manager remuneration strategy?
- How would the new income tax rules affect your family’s tax?
- Are you aware of all of your industry specific practices/deductions?
- Do you employ apprentices?
- Could your business qualify for Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) credits?
- Are you planning to move out of Canada?
Reorganization of corporate/business structure
- Setting up holding companies and family trusts - has your business grown to a stage where you should consider setting up a holding company for tax planning and other purposes? Are you planning to sell a portion of your business while keeping the other portion?
- Transitioning from sole-proprietorship or partnership to a corporation.
- Estate freezes, retirement and estate tax planning and transitioning the business to your next generation.
- Amalgamations of two or more corporations.
- Sale of business to family members or third parties.
- Divorce settlements – minimization of the income taxes associated with any monetary settlements.
Purchase and sale of business and properties
To ensure your purchase or sale transaction is done in a tax efficient manner, let’s have a discussion before completion of the transaction.
Get In Touch
(778) 478 2080
(778) 478 3690
Landmark 2 | Unit 210-1708 Dolphin Avenue, Kelowna BC V1Y 9S4
Monday - Friday 8 AM to 5 PM
Saturday - 9 AM to 3 PM